Zillur Rahman is the author of two non-fiction books. They include: Ek Bartho Avvuthaner Nayok Bolsen (Hero of a Failed Insurrection Speaks). A collection of essays on politics. And Chenamukh Chenamot (Faces and Thoughts Encountered), a collection of essays on national and international politics. He also edited two other books titled: Samorik Shasonottor Besamorik Sarkarer Samashya (The Crisis of a Civilian Government after Military Rule), a collection of essays on military and politics. And Gonoabvuthyan ’90 (Mass Upsurge 1990), Collection of articles on the mass upsurge in Bangladesh in 1990. (Co-editor: Ali Riaz).
‘Education policy of Bangladesh after independence’, paper presented at a Seminar on ‘Education Day’ of Bangladesh, progressive Discussion group, University of Jahangirnagar, 17th Sepetember 1986.
Lectures on Bangladesh politics in the Dhaka University & South East University.
Present a paper on Afghanistan crisis in Asian Forum on Global Governance in New Delhi, 2012
Awards & Nominations:
Zillur won several awards in home and abroad for his excellence in moderating the talk shows. Here is a list in below……
- TRAB (Television Reporters Association of Bangladesh) Award 2003 for Tritiyo Matra, Best Talk Show.
- Bangladesh Film Journalists’ Association Award 2003 for Tritiyo Matra, Television Category, Best Talk Show (Educational).
- Tritiyo Matra was nominated for Meril-Prothom Alo Star Award 2003 as Best Television Program
- Jhilik-Channel I Eid Programs Award 2004 for Bhalobashar Bangladesh, Best Anchor.
- Dhaka Cultural Reporters Association Star Award 2004 for Tritiyo Matra, Best Talk Show
- Stamford-TRAB Award 2004 for Tritiyo Matra, Best Talk Show.
- Bangladesh Film Journalists’ Association Award 2004 for Tritiyo Matra, Television Category, Best Talk Show (Educational).
- Tritiyo Matra was nominated for Meril-Prothom Alo Star Award 2004 as Best Television Program
- Bangladesh Entertainment Journalists’ Association Award 2005 for Tritiyo Matra, Television Category, Best Anchor.
- Shako Telefilm Award 2005, Best Anchor.
- JUSAS (National Youth Cultural Organization) Literary Mir Mosharrof Hossain Memorial Gold Medal 2005, Best Presenter of the Year.
- Rotary Club (Dhaka South) Vocational Excellence Award, Category – Media, Best Talk Show Host.
- Bangladesh Film Journalists’ Association Award 2005 for Tritiyo Matra, Television Category, Best Talk Show (Educational).
- BCRA (Bangladesh Cultural Reporters Association) Award 2006, Best Talk Show Presenter of the Year.
- Kabitangon Award 2007 for TV Anchoring.
- Lux – Channel i Performance Award 2007 (Dubai) for Tritiyo Matra, Best Television Program according to Middle East viewers’ choice.
- Rotary Club of Metropolitan Dhaka Vocational Award 2007-08.
- BCRA (Bangladesh Cultulral Reporters’ Association) Award 2009 for Tritiyo Matra, Pioneer of the Talk Show.
- MANAS Medal 2014.
Zillur participated in a three weeks long program in USA titled ‘International Visitors Leadership Program’ on ‘Role of Media in USA’, July – August 2007 organized by USA State Department in 2007. He also attended in a seminar on “Japan-India Relations’ held in New Delhi. He has attended the Second Asian Forum on Global Governance in New Delhi from 14th to 23rd October 2012 organized by the Zeit – Stiftung Ebelin & Gred Bucerius, Germany and Observer Research Foundation, India. The theme of this forum was “Negotiating Governance in a Multiple World”. He also attended the Global Governance Alumni Summit in Hamburg, Germany from 28th August to 31st August, 2013. He has participated in Governance Talks in Washington, DC from May 2 to 4, 2014 organized by Hudson Institute, USA, Zeit – Stiftung, Germany and ORF, India. Also participated in Governance Talks in Cape Town, South Africa at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town from December 27 to 29, 2014 Zillur has been participated in Governance Talks in Warsaw, Poland from June 25 to 27, 2015 organized by Zeit – Stiftung, Germany and ORF, India in association with Institute of Legal & Political research, Poland.
USA, South Africa, UAE, Qatar, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, France, Germany, Turkey, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland & UK